Applying to Study as an Overseas Student
Whitley is a teaching College of the University of Divinity, CRICOS provider 01037A. All applications for admission must meet the University and Australian Government requirements.
Key requirements include:
- English language
- Your previous studies must meet the University’s specifications for admission to the course. Please check the relevant course regulations, and be aware that your course must have been completed at a higher education provider recognised by the University.
- You must have a valid overseas student visa to enter and remain in Australia as an overseas student
- The process of obtaining a student visa can vary considerably, depending on a number of factors, including your current citizenship and when you apply, so please commence your application process as early as possible.
- International students on an overseas student visa must study full-time
- International students who are granted an overseas student visa do have permission to work: please refer to the Australian Government information on the website of the Department of Home Affairs.
- Further information about student visas is available from the Department of Home Affairs
- Overseas Student Health Cover
- You must have Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) before arriving and for the whole of your stay in Australia.
Application and Admission Process – Overseas Students
You are considered to be an overseas student if you are not an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, New Zealand citizen, or holder of an Australian permanent resident humanitarian visa.
Familiarise yourself with the University of Divinity Overseas Student resources and processes, including:
Submit an Application for Admission. All admission forms are available from the University of Divinity website.
- Coursework Application
- Application closing dates
- 15 November for admission to commence in semester one (February)
- 15 April for admission to commence in semester two (July)
- Higher Degree by Research Application
- Application closing dates
- 15 April for admission to commence in semester one (February)
- 15 November for admission to commence in semester two (July)
Ensure your application is supported by the required certified documentation:
- Transcripts of prior studies, including secondary education
- Evidence of citizenship in your current name – photo and personal details page of your current passport
For certification requirements. please refer to the Guide to Completing Enrolment Forms.
The Whitley College Dean will contact you to discuss your application. Your application, if suitable, will be forwarded to the University of Divinity for consideration. If you are deemed eligible for admission, the University will send you a letter of offer.
Once you complete the process to formally accept the letter of offer, the University can issue a Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE). You use the CoE to commence your own visa application.
You provide evidence to the University and Whitley College when you have been issued with an overseas student visa.
You arrive at least two weeks prior to start of semester to complete the compulsory orientation session, before commencing your studies.