Unit offered alternatively as: DA0005W
Upon successful completion of this unit, it is expected that students will be able to:
- Describe key Biblical and theological spiritual practices;
- Articulate a theological basis for creativity and theology;
- Identify ethical practice of church in its role in the public square.
- Three reflection papers (500 words each) (40%)
- One tutorial presentation (1,000 words) (30%)
- One essay (1,000 words) (30%)
Set texts recommended for purchase are highlighted in blue
- Astley, Jeff. Ordinary Theology: Looking, Listening and Learning in Theology. Edited by Leslie J. Francis and Jeff Astley, Explorations in Practical, Pastoral and Empirical Theology. Aldershot: Ashgate, 2002.
- Ballard, Paul, and John Pritchard. Practical Theology in Action: Christian Thinking in the Service of Church and Society. London: SPCK, 1996.
- Banks, Robert J., and Kimberly Powell. Faith in Leadership: How Leaders Live out Their Faith in Their Work and Why It Matters. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass, 2000.
- Hill, A Just Business: Christian Ethics for the Market Place. Carlisle: Paternoster, 1998.
- Jensen, R M. The substance of things seen: Art, Faith and the Christian Community. Grand Rapids: Michigan, Eerdmans, 2004.
- Lincoln, Andrew T, J. Gordon McConville and Lloyd K Petersen, eds. The Bible and Spirituality. Eugene: Cascade, 2013.
- Palmer, Parker J. Let Your Life Speak: Listening for the Voice of Vocation. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass, 2000.
- Rohr, Richard. Everything belongs New York: Crossroads, 1999.
- Volf, Miroslav, and Dorothy C. Bass, eds. Practicing Theology: Beliefs and Practices in Christian Life. Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 2002.
- Woodward, James, and Stephen Pattison, eds. The Blackwell Reader in Pastoral and Practical Theology. Oxford: Blackwell, 2000.