Upon successful completion of this unit, it is expected that students will be able to:
- Articulate a critical understanding of the key components of the Enneagram mapping system.
- Engage with the diversity of approaches in which the Enneagram is interpreted and used in contemporary society and practice.
- Demonstrate a reflective understanding of their personality type and its influence on their everyday lived experience.
- Critically evaluate the Enneagram as a mapping tool for one’s spiritual life particularly in relation to prayer, discernment, work and ministry.
- Identify and develop spiritual practices based on their personality type that promote development of their identity and spiritual growth.
- One self-awareness report (2,000 words) (30%)
- One essay (4,000 words) (70%)
Set texts recommended for purchase are highlighted in blue
- Almaas, A H. Facets of Unity: The Enneagram of Holy Ideas. Berkeley, CA: Diamond, 2000.
- Daniels, David & Virginia Price. The Essential Enneagram: The Definitive Personality Test and Self-Discovery Guide. Revised and updated edition. New York: HarperCollins, 2009.
- Empereur, James. Enneagram and Spiritual Direction: Nine Paths to Spiritual Guidance. New York: Continuum, 2007.
- Maitri, S. The Spiritual Dimension of the Enneagram: Nine Faces of the Soul. New York: Penguin Putnam, 2001.
- Maitri, S. The Enneagram of Passions and Virtues. New York: Penguin Putnam, 2005.
- Nathans, Hannah. The Enneagram at Work: Towards Personal Mastery and Social Intelligence. London: Cyan/Scriptum, 2004.
- Riso, D R. and R Hudson. The Wisdom of the Enneagram: The Complete Guide to Psychological and Spiritual Growth for the Nine Personality Types. New York: Random House, 1999.
- Rohr, R. & Ebert, A. The Enneagram: A Christian Perspective, New York: Crossroad, 2001.
- Wagner, Jerome. Nine Lenses on the World: the Enneagram Perspective. Evanston: IL: Nine Lens Press, 2010.
- Wagner, Jerome. The Enneagram Spectrum of Personality Styles: an introductory guide. Portland, OR: Metamorphous Press, 1996.
- Zuercher, S. Enneagram Spirituality. Notre Dame, IN: Ava Maria, 1992.
- Zuercher, S. Using the Enneagram in Prayer: A Contemplative Guide. Notre Dame, IN: Ava Maria, 2008.