Upon successful completion of this unit, it is expected that students will be able to:
- Set ministry learning and personal development goals as demonstrate intentionality in ministry
- Articulate and critique core aspects of their operational theology.
- Constructively critique feedback from members of a congregation or agency.
- Evaluate their ministry approach and actions with a supervisor, the peer group and/or congregational committee.
- Integrate personal theological understanding and their ministry praxis.
This unit is marked on a Pass/Fail basis by the Director of Field Education. Students must satisfactorily complete each assessment task in order to pass the unit.
- One Goal Setting exercise 750 words
- One end of year self-evaluation 750 words
- Two case study reflections each 1,500 words
- One essay 2,000 words
Set texts recommended for purchase are highlighted in blue
- Burns, Bob, Tasha Chapman & Donald Guthrie Resilient Ministry: What pastors told us about surviving and thriving. Dowers Grove, Il: IVP, 2013
- Cameron, Heather, John Reader, Victoria Slater, Christopher Rowland. Theological Reflection for Human Flourishing. London: SCM, 2012
- Floding, M. Welcome to Theological Field Education. Herndon, Virginia: Alban, 2011
- Graham, Elaine, Heather Walton, Frances Ward. Theological reflection: Methods. London: SCM Press, 2005
- Kinast, R L. Let ministry teach: A guide to theological reflection. Collegeville, Minnesota: The Liturgical Press, 1996
- Kinast, Robert L. Making faith-sense: Theological reflection in everyday life. Collegeville, Minnesota: The Liturgical Press, 1999
- Moon, J Learning Journals: A Handbook for Academics, Students and Professional Development. 2nd ed. Oxon: Routledge, 2006
- Stone, H W and J O Duke. How to think theologically. 2nd ed. Minneapolis: Fortress Press, 2006
- Swetland, Kenneth L. Facing messy stuff in the church: Case studies for pastors and congregations. Grand Rapids, Michigan: Kregel, 2005
- Thompson, J, S Pattison, and R Thompson. SCM Study Guide to Theological Reflection. London: SCM Press, 2008