Pastoral Theology and Ministry (DP)
Theology: Mission and Ministry (D)
Students must qualify for the BUV Emerge program before they are able to enrol in this unit
Intensive blocks (spread across the semester)
Upon successful completion of this unit, it is expected that students will be able to:
- Articulate essential elements of leadership.
- Identify developmental stages in their leadership journey.
- Demonstrate knowledge and capability in using skills for personal and public communication.
- Develop strategies for missional living.
- One executive Summary of a leadership book (500 words) (10%)
- One workshop paper on a chosen topic (1,500 words) (45%)
- One reflection on leadership development (1,500 words) (45%)
Set texts recommended for purchase are highlighted in blue
- Brown, Brene. Dare to Lead: Brave Work. Tough Conversations. Whole Hearts. London: Vermilion, 2018.
- Cron, Ian, and Suzanne Stabile. The Road Back to You: An Enneagram Journey to Self Discovery. Downers Grove, IL: IVP Books, 2016.
- George, Bill. Authentic Leadership. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Boss, 2003.
- George, Bill. Discover Your True North. Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley and Sons, 2015.
- Hawkins, Tim. Leaders who will last. Surrey: The Good Book Company, 2010.
- Lencioni, Patrick. The Ideal Team Player. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass, 2016.
- Maxwell, John. Developing the Leader within you Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson, 1993.
- Stanley, Andy. Next Generation Leader. Sisters, OR: Multnomah Publishers, 2003.
- Van Edwards, Vanessa. Captivate: The science of succeeding with people. London: Penguin, 2017.