Upon successful completion of this unit, it is expected that students will be able to:
- Articulate essential elements of leadership.
- Identify developmental stages in their leadership journey.
- Demonstrate knowledge and capability in using skills for personal and public communication.
- Develop strategies for missional living.
- One executive Summary of a leadership book (500 words) (10%)
- One workshop paper on a chosen topic (1,500 words) (45%)
- One reflection on leadership development (1,500 words) (45%)
Set texts recommended for purchase are highlighted in blue
- Brown, Brene. Dare to Lead: Brave Work. Tough Conversations. Whole Hearts. London: Vermilion, 2018.
- Cron, Ian, and Suzanne Stabile. The Road Back to You: An Enneagram Journey to Self Discovery. Downers Grove, IL: IVP Books, 2016.
- George, Bill. Authentic Leadership. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Boss, 2003.
- George, Bill. Discover Your True North. Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley and Sons, 2015.
- Hawkins, Tim. Leaders who will last. Surrey: The Good Book Company, 2010.
- Lencioni, Patrick. The Ideal Team Player. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass, 2016.
- Maxwell, John. Developing the Leader within you Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson, 1993.
- Stanley, Andy. Next Generation Leader. Sisters, OR: Multnomah Publishers, 2003.
- Van Edwards, Vanessa. Captivate: The science of succeeding with people. London: Penguin, 2017.