Upon successful completion of this unit, it is expected that students will be able to:
- Articulate key principles and practical issues of pastoral leadership in a church community.
- Prepare and evaluate a Bible study or learning resource on a given topic or theme.
- Describe different forms of worship in a church.
- Multiple choice quizzes or tests (750 words) (25%)
- Learning resource (750 words) (25%)
- Reflection (750 words) (25%)
- Tutorial paper (750 words) (25%)
- Alcántara, Jared E. The Practices of Christian Preaching: Essentials for Effective Proclamation. Grand Rapids, MI: Baker, 2019.
- Carrell, Lori J. Preaching that Matters: Reflective Practices for Transforming Sermons. Herndon, VA: Alban Institute, 2008.
- Chu, Michael. Cultural Intelligence, Pastoral Leadership, and the Chinese Church. Macquarie Park, NSW, Australia: Morling Press, 2019.
- Drury, Keith. The Wonder of Worship: Why We Worship the Way We Do. Indianapolis, IN: Wesleyan, 2002.
- Gombis, Timothy G. Power in Weakness: Paul’s Transformed Vision for Ministry. Grand Rapids, MI: Eerdmans, 2021.
- Lartey, Emmanuel Y. Pastoral Theology in an Intercultural World. Peterworth, UK: Epworth, 2007.
- Pohl, Christine D. Living into Community: Cultivating Practices That Sustain Us. Grand Rapids, MI: Eerdmans, 2011.
- Riches, Tanya, and Tom Wagner, eds. The Hillsong Movement Examined. Cham, Switzerland: Palgrave Macmillan, 2017.
- Root, Andrew. The Relational Pastor: Sharing in Christ by Sharing Ourselves. Downers Grove, IL: IVP, 2013.
- Whipp, Margaret. SCM Study Guide to Pastoral Theology. London, UK: SCM Press, 2013.
- Taylor, Steve. Built For Change: A Practical Theology Of Innovation and Collaboration In Leadership. Unley, SA, Australia: Mediacom, 2016.
Set texts recommended for purchase: Nil