Upon successful completion of this unit, it is expected that students will be able to:
- Assess different understandings and methods of evangelism.
- Describe principles of personal evangelism.
- Detail modes of evangelism that are relevant to twenty-first century contexts.
- Articulate their personal faith story.
- One book review (750 words) (25%)
- One personal testimony (750 words) (25%)
- One thematic essay (1,500 words) (50%)
Set texts recommended for purchase are highlighted in blue
- Adeney, F.S. Graceful Evangelism: Christian Witness in a Complex World. Grand Rapdids, MI: Baker Books, 2010.
- Chan, S. Evangelism in a Skeptical World: How to Make the Unbelievable News about Jesus More Believable. Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan, 2018.
- Dekar, P.R. Holy boldness: Practices of an evangelistic lifestyle. Macon: Smyth & Helwys. 2004.
- Dickson, J. The Best Kept Secret of Christian Mission: Promoting the Gospel with more than our lips. Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan, 2010.
- Hunter, G The Celtic way of evangelism: How Christianity can reach the West…..again. Rev. Edition. Nashville, TN: Abingdon, 2010.
- Richardson, R. Re-Imagining Evangelism, Downers Grove, IL: IVP, 2006.
- Scott Jones, N. The Evangelistic Love of God and Neighbour. Nashville, TN: Abingdon Press, 2003.