Prohibited Combination: Developing Theological Insight, Developing Theological Insight - Part 1, and Developing Theological Insight - Part 2
Upon successful completion of this unit, it is expected that students will be able to:
- Outline several themes integral to Christian belief.
- Describe the historical development and impact of at least one theological idea.
- Employ basic skills in reading, reasoning and evaluation of theological arguments.
- Quiz and short answer test (20 minutes) (750 words) (25%)
- Document study (1,000 words) (35%)
- Theological reflection (1,250 words) (40%)
Set texts recommended for purchase are highlighted in blue*
- Ackroyd, R. and D. Major. Shaping the Tools: Study Skills in Theology. London: Darton, Longman and Todd, 1999.
- Champion, Denise. Yarta Wandatha. Salisbury, SA: Denise Champion, 2014.
- Chan, Simon. Grassroots Asian Theology: Thinking the Faith from the Ground Up. Downers Grove, IL: IVP Academic, 2014.
- Jones, B. F. Practicing Christian Doctrine: An Introduction to Thinking and Living Theologically. Grand Rapids, MI: Baker Academic, 2014.
- Koyama, Kosuke. Water Buffalo Theology. Revised Edition. Maryknoll, NY: Orbis Books, 1999.
- Malone, P. (ed.) Developing an Australian Theology. Strathfield: St Pauls Publications, 1999.
- McGrath, A. E. Christian Theology: An Introduction. 4th Edition. Oxford: Blackwell, 2007.
- Migliore, D. L. Faith Seeking Understanding: An Introduction to Christian Theology. 2nd Edition. Grand Rapids, MI: Eerdmans, 2004.
- The Rainbow Spirit Elders. Rainbow Spirit Theology: Toward an Australian Aboriginal Theology. 2nd Edition. Hindmarsh: ATF Press, 2012.
- Rigby, Cynthia L. Holding Faith: A Practical Introduction to Christian Doctrine. Nashville, TN: Abingdon Press, 2018.
- Song, Choan-Seng. Third-Eye Theology: Theology in Formation in Asian Settings. Eugene, OR: Wipf and Stock, 2002.