Visit the University of Divinity website for the comprehensive Master of Theological Studies academic course outline
Course learning outcomes
Graduates of the Master of Theological Studies:
1. have advanced knowledge of sources, terms and concepts required in theology and its related disciplines
2. have mastery of research principles and methods, including analytical and communication skills applicable to theology and its related disciplines
3. have advanced skills of interpretation and critical reflection on a range of theological and related disciplines, with awareness of implications and applications to historical and contemporary issues and contexts, in order to generate and evaluate ideas for professional practice and further learning
4. articulate and communicate knowledge and insights in theology and its related disciplines to specialist and non-specialist audiences
5. apply relevant theological and hermeneutical skills through the execution of a substantial research-based project, capstone experience, or piece of scholarship.
Follow on study
Graduates who have completed a Research Essay to a specified standard may be eligible for admission to higher degrees by research.
Successful completion of an undergraduate degree or an approved equivalent.