Visit the University of Divinity website for the comprehensive Master of Spiritual Direction academic course outline
Course learning outcomes
Graduates of the Master of Spiritual Direction:
1. have advanced knowledge of the theological and spiritual foundations of approaches to spiritual direction in the Christian tradition, and of the relation of the discipline to broader theological studies
2. have mastery of skills to reflect critically on giving guidance to an individual’s spiritual experience in the light of key themes, traditions and approaches in spirituality
3. have communication and technical research skills to justify and interpret theoretical propositions and professional decisions about themes, traditions and approaches in spiritual direction
4. apply knowledge of themes, traditions and approaches in spiritual direction with creativity and initiative to professional practice and for further learning
5. apply relevant theological and hermeneutical skills through the execution of a substantial research-based project, capstone experience or piece of scholarship.
Successful completion of an undergraduate degree, or an approved equivalent.