Visit the University of Divinity website for the comprehensive Master of Pastoral Care academic course outline
Course learning outcomes
Graduates of the Master of Pastoral Care:
- have advanced knowledge of sources, terms and concepts required in pastoral care, and of the relation of pastoral care to broader theological studies
- have mastery of research principles and methods, including analytical skills applicable to pastoral care
- have advanced skills of interpretation and critical reflection on a range of approaches and methodologies in pastoral care, with awareness of implications and application to contemporary issues in professional
- ministry, in order to generate and evaluate ideas for professional practice and further learning
- articulate and communicate knowledge and insights in pastoral care to specialist and non-specialist audiences
- apply relevant skills in pastoral care through the execution of a substantial research-based project, capstone experience or piece of scholarship.
Successful completion of an undergraduate degree, or an approved equivalent.