Darrell grew up in the Isle of Man and was ordained to Baptist ministry in 1989. Educated at London School of Theology, the University of Birmingham and the University of Gloucestershire, he has lectured at Bristol Baptist College; the International Baptist Theological Seminary, Prague; Redcliffe College, UK; Tabor College, Adelaide; Morling College, Sydney; and a number of US Universities and Seminaries.
Darrell’s ministry experience includes pastoral ministry followed by eleven years ministry within the Baptist Union GB, including eight as the National Mission Advisor. He was the Executive Researcher for the Conference of European Churches and the founding Director of the Nova Research Centre, Redcliffe College. He has been involved in full-time theological education for almost fifteen years.
He is Secretary of the Australian Association of Mission Studies, a Mission Commission Associate of the World Evangelical Alliance, a missiological consultant to Baptist Mission Australia, and is a Board member of European Christian Mission International.
His wife, Beth, is the Lead Pastor of St Ives Baptist Church, NSW.
- PG. Cert.
- BA (Hons).
- Dip. Pastoral Studies
- Jackson, D.R., with Nasili Vaka’uta, ‘Theology’ in Kenneth R. Ross, and Todd M. Johnson, Christianity in Oceania, Edinburgh Companions to Global Christianity Vol. 5 (Edinburgh, UK: Edinburgh University Press, 2021).
- Jackson, D.R.,‘The Diakonia Dei: service of the world and forms of diaconal ministry among Baptists’ in Ampony, G., et al, eds., International Handbook on Ecumenical Diakonia (Oxford, UK/ Minneapoli, MN: Regnum/Fortress Books, 2021), 43-52
- Jackson, D.R., with Alessia Passarelli, Mapping Migration, Mapping Churches’ Responses: ‘Being Church Together’ (Geneva: World Council of Churches, 2020).
- Jackson, D.R., with Darren Cronshaw and Rosemary Dewerse, eds. Reimagining Home: understanding, reconciling and engaging with God’s mission (Macquarie Park, NSW: Morling Press, 2019.
- Jackson, D.R., ‘The state of the churches in Europe’ in Review & Expositor: An International Baptist Journal, 115, 2, May, 2018. pp 157–174.
- Jackson, D.R., ‘Migrant Missions in Korea, Korean mission from Sydney?: A response to Dr David Jun’s “The Importance of Migrant Missions in South Korea”’ in Baker, D. ed., Migration, Human Dislocation, and Accountability in Missions (Eugene, OR: Wipf & Stock, 2017).
- Jackson, D.R., ‘Evangelism as life-affirming activity in the City’ in International Review of Mission, 105.1 (402), July, 2016. pp 62–71.
- Migration and diaspora
- Intercultural and contextual approaches to faith & leadership
- Ethnicity, identity, and nationalism
- Orthodox-Evangelical encounter